By Fern Winikerei, Bella Bowkett and Kate Chamberlain | Posted: Wednesday March 8, 2023
Mr Kirk has started at Casebrook this year.
We asked him a few questions to find out more about him.
1. Why did you want to become a teacher?
I wanted to become a teacher because I love working with young adults. I like helping them learn. I also like to see people grow into young adults.
2. What has been your favourite part of teaching at Casebrook?
My favourite part of teaching at Casebrook so far has been meeting my first class. This is my first year of teaching so it has been a pretty
3. Why did you want to start teaching Year 7 and 8s?
I wanted to teach Year 7/8's because I like having fun and laughing
with the older ones. I also think the sass is quite funny (at times haha).
4. Did anything inspire you to teach here at Casebrook?
I had my placement here at Casebrook in 2022, just like there are some student teachers here at the moment. I loved my time here and Miss Wilkinson and Miss Rennie inspired me to go for a job here. I am very thankful to them.
5. Do you like to play any sport?
I play netball in my spare time. I love team sports as I get to be
social as well as competitive.
6. What university did you study at?
I studied at the University of Canterbury. My degree was 3 years long.