The Boards of Trustees and Principal work in a unique partnership.
The major roles of a B.O.T.
- The overall governance of the school. In its governance role, the B.O.T. is primarily responsible through the charter to provide strategic direction and planning goals.
- Reviewing and monitoring progress towards the strategic plan.
- Establish after due consultation with the Principal, staff and school community, school policies.
- To support the Principal in their management role, by providing support in administration, personnel and finance matters to allow the Principal to manage effectively.
- To select the Principal and approve the appointment of all staff.
Board of Trustee members are elected for a term of 3 years - all parents and caregivers are entitled to vote in the election and stand for office.